The course will build on the understanding of the developmental origins of obesity and related diseases. It will provide a comprehensive overview of the latest developments with regard to mother-infant nutritional programming research and offer advice on prevention diagnosis and management of early nutrition and adult diseases. In addition, it will enhance the understanding of the complex interactions between nutrient, genetics and biological factors during pregnancy. The programme will thus permit attendees to improve their knowledge in this field with updated overviews.
A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
- understand how fetal life may be an important determinant for later disease development.
- understand how exposure to certain dietary nutrients or environmental pollutants early in life may influence disease later in life.
- understand how early weight and growth relates to later obesity and co-morbidities
- know and understand effects of lifestyle interventions in pregnant women in relation to maternal and offspring health
The course will be provided:
- 13. – 17. Juni 2022, more information comming soon
For more information about the course please contact the course secretary Fanney Thorsteinsdottir